Sunday, September 09, 2007

Rollerskating with Thor....

Well, today I went rollerskating with Thor, God of Thunder...only kidding. I didn't hang out with anyone today, mortal or divine.

I painted a little whilst the neighbours were quiet (for once). The kids have kicked the football over and I haven't thrown it back over the fence. I'm being mean! If I throw it back then the incessant thump thump against the wall will begin again and I'll go insane with annoyance. There is a beautiful park in walking distance, actually two parks.
Kids + Park = Good.
Peace + Quiet = Very Good.
I'm only thirty and I've turned into an old moaning woman already. I can put up with some noise, but I can't compete with thump thump...

I painted what turned out to be a green swirl. I really love it, the swirl and painting in general. When I was five years old I won an art competition at school, my picture of Red Riding Hood (her middle name was 'Riding'?) was put on the wall in Selly Oak Library (built in 1905 people). I was so proud to have it displayed for everyone to see. I won another art competition the same year and was given a five pound note as a prize. I bought some blue leg warmers...I never wore them. I don't remember painting after that little spell back in 1982.

Oh I watched 'Iris' last night and bawled my eyes out! It was an amazing film. I cried not so much because of her deterioration but because of the love between the character John (Iris Murdoch's husband) and the main character, Iris. It was so deep, I'm sure that in real life it surpassed even the film's depiction. I rarely write about love in my stories and if I do it's usually a complicated entity that is prodded and altered by external forces. Someone once told me 'd write books of love. I don't know where he got that idea from. I think I'll pick up some Iris Murdoch novels and see what she wrote about.

No comments: